Monday, June 8, 2009

Father's Day!



Do you know that the history of Father's day celebrations started in Washington? Interesting.

This year is gonna be good! My husband is taking his check ride with the FAA on Father's day!

This is the last step needed in getting his private pilot's license, for which he has been studying hard for this past year. (Once he passes this, he will go on to pursue his commercial pilots license and CFI rating. Should be another year or so before he can start applying for pilot jobs!)

I am trying to come up with ideas to make his day awesome (aside from getting his license) and to really let him know that we love and appreciate him so much.


I already got my free custom photo card for him from shutterfly. You only pay shipping ($1.08)


We are planning a BBQ (of course) and I plan to have the kids make him some cool crafts, cards and a dessert that he likes.


Check out this site and this for ideas. My kids are all pretty young, sorry I don't have a link for older kid ideas...maybe a poem or drawing? Maybe a coupon book of chores the child will do for Dad?

The day before Father's day will be our day to go see The American Heroes Helicopter Air Show. It is at the Museum of Flight in Seattle. Since he loves all things that fly, especially helicopters, we will be there at 7:30 a.m. when the helicopters land. (Pray for me...LOL)

He will most likely want to stay all day. I plan to pack a cool picnic lunch for us and lots of snacks to keep the little ones happy (and keep us from buying the expensive foods they offer!)


It is a free event put on by the American Heroes group and the museum is not charging people. They will let people back to the landing strip area where the event is without admission. Of course, you cannot go into the museum after the show, but we took Daddy there on "Free Thursday" (last week) so he has already been inside recently.


Can you tell that we are excited about Father's day? We are making a really big deal about it this year.

My husband is a great father. I am so blessed to have such an awesome man to raise children with.

Be sure and plan a special day for the fathers in your life! It is important to teach those little ones to honor and respect their Dads!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that picture! Thanks for the encouragement to go above and beyond for Father's Day. Thanks to you, I'm on it! Hope to see you Thursday. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture too. It is so sweet. There is just something precious about Daddys and their little girls. :)

    ReplyDelete