Friday, April 24, 2009

A blessing!!

After being encouraged by winning a collection of art work for my home school group last year,
I submitted an essay to apply for another award.
I Just found out that I won!!! I can't wait to share all these great books with our lending library!

NEH, ALA Announce We the People “Picturing America” Bookshelf
The We the People Bookshelf, a collection of classic books for young readers, is a project of the National Endowment for the Humanities’ (NEH) We the People program, conducted in cooperation with the American Library Association (ALA) Public Programs Office.
A total of 4,000 public and school (K-12) libraries will be selected to receive the “Picturing America” Bookshelf. Awards will be announced in April 2009.
"Picturing America" Collection

If you have a home school group, consider applying for next years grant!

No comments:

Post a Comment