Friday, April 24, 2009

Pictures of our week

Just a few shots of our busy week!
This is a fun way to keep up on the lives of friends...like my friend Jennifer who is also posting her week of pictures!


We had our Contenders for the Faith get together on Monday. The little ones decorated cookies while the older boys worked on small engine repair and the older girls worked on quilting.


I got another wool soaker done this week
We all went to the park once or twice!




We spent a lot of time weeding, planting flowers and vegetables this week. This is a HUGE deal to me since I have what my mother calls "the black thumb of death". DH helped me, so she thinks the garden might stand a chance this year!

This picture is Shay Baby's idea of helping me weed. She was rolling around on the ground in her blanket. Very helpful!





The pilot is never cuter to me than when he is planting flowers with the princess!

The boys working hard.

Flower pots galore. I think we have around 10 now!


This is a shot of the herb garden. I will have an abundance of herbs to use fresh and dry soon! Hopefully there will be beautiful blooms filling these pots as well!



Here is a shot of the 2 tiered garden space we have this year. We are planting carrots, broccoli, spinach, beets, pickling cukes, green beans, peas, onions and squash. I started some seeds indoor for watermelon and cantaloupe. Also, some sugar pumpkins for pies and sunflowers in the area below the tiers. Can't wait for the harvest. I plan to do a LOT of canning!Of course we make bread around here...nothing new. I just thought that these little loaves that 3 of my arrows helped me make were so cute!



Playtime.


1 comment:

  1. I just love these week in picture posts! Your garden and yard looks just wonderful! I know that this wasn't the home you'd always dreamed of but it looks like you and Dave are really shaping it up. I can't wait to see the outcome!

    ReplyDelete