Sunday, October 11, 2009

Making brown sugar

I have been making brown sugar for a few months now. I like the fact that I can use my really good, unsulphured molasses, save money...AND I never have to worry about running out as long as I can make more!It is super easy to do. I just mix sugar and molasses together in my food processor until it is well blended. You can use as little or as much molasses as you want. The molasses I use have a rich flavor.



Here is today's finished product. I just store it in an air tight jar! Easy and saves $$$ too!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea Dawn...thanks for sharing...I think I will try it...then you don't have to buy DARK BROWN sugar when you need it, which I NEVER HAVE...do you pour the molasses in until it looks right or do you have an approximate measurement?
    C~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie,
    I just pour until it looks good!

    ReplyDelete