Friday, October 16, 2009

Messianic Dancing




This art work is entitled Dance of Deliverance...beautiful.

My Friend Stephanie invited me to go to a Messianic Dance Workshop with a group called Messianic Dance Camp International. I was really glad that I went. It was very moving for me.

I understand that the dances are intended to focus on worship of Jesus (Yeshua) and fellowship of believers I must say that I did feel a sweet presence of the Lord...however, it was hard for me to really feel like I was worshiping while I was trying not to run into someone!

Apparently, I am not very good at the turning in circles and going the right direction thing...I kept turning the wrong way (left, right...who can tell!) and stepping all over myself and messing up other dancers! They were very forgiving and patient with me! Considering it was my first time and all. I was not embarrassed at all, even when I messed up and that just goes to show how comfortable I felt there!

At one point...I actually got one dance right!

We danced for 3 hours...talk about a work out!

If you get the chance to check this out...go for it! I may see you there!











My dear friend Stephanie.
Her beautiful daughter!





2 comments:

  1. Way cool, Dawn. We were all gathered around the computer reading your post. Wish I could have been there. I just love your friend Stephanie too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat! It would be interesting to do this sometime.

    Love all your pictures from the week too.

    ReplyDelete